Quality products don’t just happen.
Producing quality products requires the involvement of every member of the team to ensure that industry standards and customer expectations are not only met but exceeded.
That is why we have gone to great lengths at Mold Masters to ensure that every person on our team is committed to ensuring that each component that leaves our plants meets our industry’s rigorous quality standards.
In our ongoing quality-assurance effort, we have:
- Developed and implemented an AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management System in 2011. AS9100 is one of the defining quality standard systems of the aerospace industry, and its implementation helps ensure best practices, customer satisfaction and the overall management of the company. We are dedicated to the AS9100/ISO9001 system and use it to better improve our processes, quality and as a business management tool.
- Key performance indicators (KPI) have become a staple in helping us define and measure progress of our goals. We always look to improve what we measure and how we use the information.
- Process Management is used to assimilate new products, new customers and as the means to use cross functionality across all departments. The expectation that every one is responsible for quality control and improvement is vital.
- Expanded employee’s capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free and where people are continually learning how to learn together by becoming a learning organization.
- Continued improvements by utilizing process management tools: stop watches and time trials, process mapping, accountability charts, 7 habits, LEAN, work planning, 360-degree reviews, cross training, capacity tool, training cell, in-process inspections, people involvement, employee feedback, team approach, and solution focus with what’s working.
- Implemented lean manufacturing practices, with the goal of improving efficiency in our production process, eliminating wasteful steps and maximizing our ability to leverage the talents and skills of our people.
- Invested in cutting-edge inspection equipment. Our facility boasts a state-of-the-art product inspection computer capable of utilizing blue light to create a three-dimensional image of every mold that our plant produces. The three-dimensional image allows our inspectors to examine each unit closer than ever before, finding any damage or imperfections long before the unit is shipped to the customer.
Our commitment to quality and continuous improvement is one of the biggest reasons why we have become one of the go-to companies for the aerospace and industrial casting industries.